Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Street Arts in Penang, Malaysia

One of the highlights of this Penang trip is the Street Arts. Most of the street arts were done by an artist named Ernest Zacharevic in 2012 during George Town Festival. They are located at almost every corner of George Town. I was amazed by his works, especially its intricate details. As mentioned in my previous post (3D2N Adventure in Penang, Malaysia), we spent the entire afternoon searching for street arts!


Below is a map of the locations of Penang's street arts.



Let me start with the murals first, starting with my top 3 favourites!


Boy on a Bike
#1



Brother and Sister on a Swing
#2



Little Children on a Bicycle
#3


Awaiting Trishaw Paddler


Little Girl in Blue


Reaching Up


The Indian Boatman


I Want Pau


Children Playing Basketball


Minion Hydrant


The Real Bruce Lee Would Never Do This




Cats and Humans Happily Living Together


Ah Ma and Ah Soon


Skippy for Penang


Love Me Like Your Fortune Cat


Teach You Hokkien


Cats Walking for Animal Awareness



Moving on to sculptures…


Win Win Situation


Kopi-O


Then & Now


Cannon Hole


Procession


Too Narrow


Yeoh Only


Double Role



Shorn Hair





Jimmy Choo


Retail Paradise



These were the murals and sculptures we saw and it wouldn't be possible without the determination to hunt for them under the scorching sun! I'm glad we managed to search for most of them. I'll leave the rest for my next trip to Penang! Till then.



Love,
CY

No comments:

Post a Comment