Friday, December 26, 2014

GLOW Trinity Silom Hotel (Bangkok, Thailand)

Taken from Agoda.

Address: 150 Silom Soi 3 (Naratiwas Soi 3 or Sathorn Soi 8) Silom Road, Bangkok 10500
Tel: +66 2 2315050
Fax: +66 2 2315417
Website: GLOW Trinity Silom Hotel






Jerald and I had a 5D4N stay (10 - 14 Dec 2014) at Glow Trinity Silom Hotel, which is located near BTS Chong Nonsi Station. It is approximately 40 minutes away from Don Mueang International Airport. Our taxi driver had some difficulty locating the hotel (He probably never been there before) when I told him it is situated at Silom Soi. 3 ('Soi' in Thai means 'Lane'). To make it easy for the taxi drivers for the next few days, we told them to drop us at BTS Chong Nonsi Station as our hotel is 2-minutes-walk away from there. There is a 7-Eleven store right outside the BTS station which makes it extremely convenient for us to buy our snacks and drinks before heading back to our hotel.

Through Agoda, we booked their Premier room at a good price. The friendly staff brought us to our rooms and showed us where the safe deposit box, towels, plugs, iPod docking station, etc were and told us the facilities around the hotel. I was quite surprised when he did that because I have never gotten such an explicit introduction before. Thumbs up for their excellent service! :)

Check-in time: 2.00p.m.
Check-out time: 12 noon


I particularly love the daybed by the window!

I was trying to recap some Thai words I learnt during my Immersion program.

I like hotels with the television placed right in front of the bed. However, the television is surrounded by the wooden frame as shown in the picture which means that we could not plug our hard disk into the USB port to watch our shows! Luckily, this hotel actually provides DVD rental service! I'll talk about it later in this post. :)


Room service menu & iPod docking station with speakers

 
Daily complimentary coffee, tea & 2 bottles of mineral water


I realized the toilet door was functioning rather uniquely. If you notice carefully, the toilet door can be pushed in and it will then become the shower door. So, others can still use the basin and toilet bowl even though someone is showering! Totally doesn't intrude each other's privacy. Plus points for this! I know it can be irritating at times when someone is bathing and you have to answer nature's call urgently but you can't get into the bathroom. Haha.




There are gym, pool and sauna facilities as well as complimentary Wifi for all rooms! Anyway, if you would like to purchase a SIM card, I suggest going to any 7-Eleven store and request for HappySIM. You can have 7 days of unlimited data for only THB199! If you are staying in Thailand for 5 to 7 days, you may still wish to purchase this because it costs THB49/day for unlimited data. You know the math.

The hotel is not located beside the main road, so there is no need to worry about any noise disturbances. It is a safe place to stay. The staff are very friendly and approachable. Private tours are easily available if you're looking for one. Simply let the receptionist know what you have in mind and they will arrange everything for you. The place is very clean too! We had a comfortable stay throughout the 4 nights. Definitely value of money!


That's me sitting at the hotel lobby. :)

I mentioned about the free DVD rentals available in this hotel earlier on. It is actually diagonally behind where I am sitting in the picture above. They have a wide selection of DVDs (mostly English and some Thai movies) which are up-to-date. We borrowed 5 DVDs in total and returned them just before checking out of the hotel.

On the top right corner of the picture, there is a restaurant (The Foodie) that serves food all day. Since our booking doesn't come with breakfast, we did not get to try their food. There is also a restaurant bar at the hotel lobby! I see many foreigners enjoying their drinks and chilling out every night. You can watch soccer matches or play pool there too.

You can click on the links (Agoda/GLOW website) I put up above for more information about their dining, facilities and room rates! I got to know about this hotel through my colleagues. Many of them recommended it to me and yes, it did not let me down. Hopefully this will help for those considering this hotel! :)



Love,
CY







No comments:

Post a Comment