Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sunflower Field (Lop Buri, Thailand)


On the third day (12 Dec 2014) of the trip, Jerald and I took a day trip to Lop Buri to visit the sunflower field! I have been yearning to go to this place since eons ago and I was so happy when I arrived. The view is spectacular, isn't it? The photos alone won't do justice in showing how beautiful the place is!

The sunflower season lasts from November to January, during the cooler season. Flowers are usually in full bloom during this period of time. The sunflower fields have become one of the major tourist attractions in Lop Buri. They are scattered in Mueang District, Phatthana Nikhom District and Chai Badan District.

For convenience sake, Jerald and I booked a private tour to Lop Buri through our hotel (GLOW Trinity Silom Hotel) the day before and we had a taxi to ourselves for the entire day at a rate of THB3500. Hence, I told the taxi driver to bring us to other attractions in that province too! He recommended the Monkey Temple and Wat Phra Phutthabat. The ride took us 2 hours.

If you do not wish to spend so much money on this trip, you can travel there via train, car or bus! For more information, visit this page: Getting to and fro Lop Buri. To add on to the information in the website, the Northern Bus Terminal provides private/group tours to the Sunflower Fields during the sunflower season! You can book the tour at the train station. I found out that Baiyoke Boutique Hotel (BTS Station Phaya Thai) provides tours with transport too. If you do not want to sign up for tour, the 3-hour train ride itself from Bangkok to Lop Buri costs THB80.


On our way there, we saw many sunflower fields.




And we reached our destination!
The driver stopped his taxi at this beautiful Sunflower field!


If you wish to visit this field, look out for the sign in the picture above!




There is a huge stand which allows us to have a good view of the sunflowers!

Gorgeous.

Picture perfect.

Oh sunflower, you're so tall.






If you are going to Bangkok from November to January, I would highly recommend that you save a day for this trip to Lop Buri! :)



Love,
CY


4 comments:

  1. Sori, im Diana,,im just want to asking..if i go to Lopburi early in the morning by train so, in what time to heading back to Bangkok also by train?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! There are many timings available. You can check out these websites for more information:
      1) http://www.railway.co.th/checktime/checktime.asp?lenguage=Eng&StationLast=Bangkok&StationFirst=Hua%20Hin
      2) https://www.thailandee.com/en/transportation-thailand/train/trains-from-lopburi-to-bangkok#transporttype-train

      Hope it helps! :)

      Delete
  2. Enthusiastic words written in this blog helped me to enhance my skills as well as helped me to know how I can help myself on my own. I am really glad to come at this platform.
    Taxi from Bangkok airport

    ReplyDelete